Two Minutes With Mark Stephens
Lecturer in Biblical Studies, Wesley Institute
1. Best thing about your job?
Seeing people wake up to what the Bible is really about
2. Most memorable career moment?
Winning the University Medal for my Honours year. I still think they got the wrong guy.
3. Most embarrassing career moment?
In my previous life as a pastor, managing to crash a minibus. No-one got hurt, just my ego.
4. Met anyone famous?
I was six feet from Bono on U2's last world tour. We connected. He, of course, wouldn't have a clue who I was. That's his problem.
5. What are you reading at the moment?
John Updike - Rabbit, Run
6. How many letters after your name?
Umm...Two B.A. (with an Hons). Soon it will be three more - PhD.
7. Last CD you bought?
Patty Griffin, 1000 Kisses
8. Who inspires you?
My wife. Anybody who can put up with me for 8 years is a hero.
9. How do you wind down after work?
I am a father of two children under 3. What's winding down?
10. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
11. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Flying. Mind you, I am afraid of heights, so it would be only done in short bursts.