Two Minutes with Chris Green
Chris Green, Lecturer in Theology, Wesley Institute
1. Best thing about your job?
The people at Wesley Institute, for sure
2. Most memorable career moment?
Passing my thesis with “no corrections” at all, which is an incredible honour in Aberdeen
3. Most embarrassing career moment?
I don’t know, but my most embarrassing moment in general was carefully planned by my wife when we were dating. In short, it involved someone dressed up in a monkey suit, a choir singing a song about me to the tune of “It is well with my soul…” and four hundred plus spectators
4. Met anyone famous?
Ty Pennington, when his “Extreme Home Makeover” show actually came to Bakersfield, California
5. What are you reading at the moment?
"Martin Luther’s Theology" by Bernhard Lohse and "Reaching Out" by Henri Nouwen
6. How many letters after your name?
Let’s see: B.A., M.A., P.H.D… Seven
7. Last CD you bought?
Loreena McKennitt "The Mask and Mirror"
8. Who inspires you?
Men who spend lots of time with their children
9. How do you wind down after work?
This only happens after the boys go to bed. I chat with my wife and eat a very small serving of something unhealthy
10. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
11. If you had a superpower, what would it be?