Wesley Institute Choir to Embark on an International Performance and Cultural Experience
In less than one week the Wesley Institute choir will depart for their 20 day international performance tour of Europe, stopping first in Barcelona, and then heading on to Paris, Lucerne, Innsbruck, Cracow and Warsaw.
The focus of the cultural experience, however, lies in Vienna, where Wesley Institute will aim to repeat its 2007 First Prize title in the prestigious Summa Cum Laude Festival, Austria’s premier global youth music festival for choirs, bands and orchestras. The Festival offers the ‘participating international youth the opportunity to create lasting connections across all borders.’ Students will have the chance to meet and collaborate with musicians from around the globe and participate in workshops with world-class performers. The Wesley Institute choir will then compete in the Festival competition, performing at the Golden Hall of the Musikverein.
View the choir’s full itinerary below and check back here for updates of the cultural experience as they happen!
Barcelona – 3 days
- Performance at the CVS Basilica Templo del Sagrado Corazon de Jesus, Friday 24 June, 7:00pm
Paris – 3 days
- Performance at the CVS American Church of Paris, Sunday 26 June, 10:50am
Lucerne – 3 days
- Performance at the CVS Klosterkirche Einsiedeln, Wednesday 29 June, 2:30pm
Vienna – 5 days
- Performance with the Lark Children’s Choir at the CVS Zidlochovice Church Svateho Kriz, Sunday 3 July, 7:00pm
- Performance in the SCL Festival Competition, Monday 4 July, 11:15am
- Performance with the Ars Camarata & Georgian Bay Children’s Choir at CVS St. Ann’s Church Kapuvar, Monday 4 July, 7:00pm
- Gala Winners Concert, Tuesday 5 July, 6:00pm
Cracow – 3 days
- Performance with the Pembina Trails Voices at CVS St. Giles Church, Thursday 7 July, 7:00pm