Bachelor of Dance
Applications are open for Semester 2. Apply now and study Dance in 2013!
About the Course
Wesley Institute's Bachelor of Dance is the only performance-based dance degree in NSW. Offering professional training in dance technique, Choreography, Production and Performance in all major genres, as well as Body Mechanics, Body Science and Complimentary Movement studies, the degree prepares students for careers in Theatre and Teaching.
Headed by teacher, director and choreographer Adele Hyland, and taught on campus in Drummoyne by renowned industry professionals, the course represents an intensive and highly relevant combination of practical and theoretical training.
At a glance:
- Face to face (on-campus) delivery
- Duration: 3 years full time
- Evening and weekend classes are available
- FEE-HELP available
Some of the dance and movement genres offered are:
- Classical Ballet
- Contemporary Technique - Martha Graham, Lester Horton, Jose Limon and Release
- Jazz - Pure Jazz Technique, Lyrical, Afro and Musical Theatre
- Allied Movement - Pilates, Feldenkrais and Alexander Technique
- Ballroom and Latin American
- Hip Hop
Application for admission into the Bachelor of Dance involves two steps:
- Submission of an application: View Education Requirements here.
- Interview and Audition: View Artistic Requirements here.
Graduates can expect to pursue careers as a Professional Performer, Choreographer, Producer, Director, private dance studio teacher or Primary or Secondary Dance Teacher (with completion of the Institute's Graduate Diploma of Education). In addition, the School of Dance offers the opportunity to study Music or Drama as a second method.
For more information, download the Dance Course Information Booklet.