Wesley Institute is a tertiary education provider in Sydney, Australia offering degree and diploma courses in Counselling, Creative Arts (Dance, Drama, Graphic Design and Music), Leadership and Applied Ethics, and Education.
Wesley Institute complies with the Information Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 in respect of students’ personal information. These principles are designed to protect your privacy. Therefore, Wesley Institute staff will:
1. only collect personal information about you that is needed for us to offer our higher education services;
2. normally inform you if we are collecting information about you, why we need to do this, and who we would usually give that sort of information to;
3. do our best to ensure the information we collect from you is relevant, up to date and complete;
4. protect your information against any form of misuse, and prevent unauthorized use or disclosure;
5. maintain a statement of the types of personal information we hold and why we hold it, how long it is kept for, who can access it, and how people should go about getting access to it;
6. give you access to your personal information as held by the Institute, subject to restrictions in other government legislation;
7. update and amend our records of your personal information when you request such amendment;
8. take reasonable care to check that your information is accurate, up to date and complete, before using it;
9. only use your personal information for the purpose(s) for which it was collected;
10. not use your personal information for any purpose other than that for which it was collected, unless you consent, or the use is necessary to protect you against serious threat, or the use is required by law; and
11. in the case of 10 above, ensure that the recipient only use or disclose your information for the purpose for which it was given.
To gain access to your personal information held by the Institute, complete the Student Request for Access to Own Personal Information Form and send it to:
PO Box 534
Drummoyne NSW 2047