Transforming lives through excellence in Christian higher education.
Wesley Institute benefits our community as we equip people for Christian life and leadership in a range of influential vocations.
Wesley Institute seeks to fulfil this mission by integrating excellent higher education, rigorous scholarship, and professional and spiritual development.
All activities are informed and underpinned by five core values:
- Christian faith in action
- Education informed by scholarship and creativity
- Lifelong learning
- Responsible stewardship
- A deep, coherent and extensive knowledge of studied disciplines characterised by intellectual openness and curiosity
- An ability to analyse issues logically, consider different options and viewpoints fairly, and make informed decisions
- A commitment to lifelong learning, and an ability to apply knowledge, develop and acquire skills, and adapt to a changing world
- An ability to communicate information and arguments effectively and ethically
- A sound knowledge of, and commitment to, Christian ethics, and an ability to articulate the relationship between Christian faith and social responsibility
- A capacity for self-directed activity while working effectively with others in scholarly, vocational and social activities
- Competence and facility with technologies relevant to learned disciplines and generic information literacy
- An ability to exhibit enterprise, innovation and creativity in a responsible and constructive way